Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Day 4: back at the big miles

The Ozark Machine is back in action. Took down 28 miles today without any trouble. The miles flew by with a huge diversity in awesome landscape that you would not expect from the desert. 

hit the trail at 5:30am this morning hoping to beat the hot sun. The day started nice and easy just weaving out of camp. By the time the sun was up I was beginning the ascent to Mt. Laguna. After an easy 1000 ft climb I reached a beautiful mature pine forest that gave me some nice shade. I took a nap and made lunch.  The day was very cool compared to the heat predicted ahead so I tried to enjoy it as much as possible. 

I am camping at Mt. Laguna Campgroud with 8 other PCT hikers. Spirits are high and looking to do 30 miles to Scissors Crossing tomorrow. 

1 comment: